Healthy Homemade Nutella
Today let's make a healthy homemade Nutella! Yes I said HEALTHY and Nutella in one sentence. A friend of mine gave me this recipe a while ago but I just filed it and never tried it until today. And...
Today let's make a healthy homemade Nutella! Yes I said HEALTHY and Nutella in one sentence. A friend of mine gave me this recipe a while ago but I just filed it and never tried it until today. And I must tell you it's absolutely fantastic! This recipe gives you a homemade Nutella without all the additives, in comparison to the original it contains only negligible amounts of sugar ( from a natural source), it has large amounts of body beneficial healthy fats (can not live without them) and a large amounts of vitamins E and B. One thing is sure, it doesn't taste exactly the same as the original, it's a thousand times BETTER!!!
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup milk (whole fat)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C. Place hazelnuts on a parchant sheet lined with baking paper and let bake for 8-10 minutes.
- After baking place them on a towel. Remove the thin hazelnut peel by rubbing them with the towel. It doesn't matter if there are some peels remaining at the end.
- Add cleaned hazelnuts to blender and mix until they turn into a butter. Finally add all remaining ingredients except the milk in a blender and blend again.
- Then, while blending, gradually add milk until the mixture has a Nutella-like consistency. If you do manage to go over the top with milk, add more cocoa.
- Store in the refrigerator in a glass container.
Tip: Instead of plain milk you can also use almond milk.