Classic Side - Mac and Cheese
These simple ingredients are key There is a BBQ House in Atlanta, East Cobb to be exact, that serves this Mac and Cheese and even shares the recipe. This is a stepped up version of a classic and one...
There is a BBQ House in Atlanta, East Cobb to be exact, that serves this Mac and Cheese and even shares the recipe. This is a stepped up version of a classic and one you will make time and time again. I made a plate for any annual fall gathering and was asked if there was another in the oven as the first plate disappeared in minutes! This is the sign of a great recipe!
There are so few ingredients here, so use the very best as you create this side dish. As I always note, shred your own cheese and select the best cheeses you can find. I sometimes opt for the extra sharp cheddar, but prefer the yellow to the white for this recipe.
Dave’s BBQ 1 – Famous Mac and Cheese
- 1(16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 8ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (always shred your own cheeses)
- 8ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded (always shred your own)
- 4ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper ( I prefer to use white pepper in this case)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare rigatoni noodles according to package directions, but add a good bit of salt to the water. Once cooked, drain but do not rinse the pasta.
- Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add half of each of the cheeses, (the cheddar, Monterey jack and parmesan cheeses) to the bowl, as well as the heavy cream. Stir well to combine, season with pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9"x 13" casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve immediately. This will become your new Mac and Cheese recipe and will replace any blue boxes!
- There is little healthy in this classic side, but this is a crowd favorite.